Frequently Asked Questions

General FAQs

Where can I buy Diamond Kote products?

We do not sell directly to consumers at the moment, if a you wish to purchase DK protection plans please use our Dealer Locator to find an authorized dealer near you.

How do I know my product was applied correctly?

If you are concerned, we recommend returning to your original selling dealer, who applied the product, so they can confirm its application/installation. Or if you’d like a second opinion you can find another DK dealer near you using our Dealer Locator tool to do an inspection.


If I have Road Protection, what happens when my tire isn’t losing air but I’m concerned it’s unsafe (bulging, broken belt, etc). What is and isn’t covered?

Your damage must be the result of striking a valid road hazard to qualify for a claim. If your broken belt or bulge is the result of a manufacturer’s defect, it isn’t covered.

When are pictures required for a claim?

The following claims require photographs along with your claim submission:

  • Appearance protection
  • Tire replacement
  • Rim repair
  • Rim replacement

How much do you charge for a tire repair or replacement?

The going retail rate for tire repair. Same with tire replacement. Our price will never exceed the MSRP.

When should I expect my claim payment?

Once your claim has been approved and authorization has been provided, your payment will be mailed directly to your dealership within 30 days from date of claim authorization.

When does a claim need to be pre-authorized? How long does it take to get authorization?

Road Pro: When we process a Road Pro claim, we have 7 questions that determine whether the tire and/or rim will be covered. If all 7 answers meet the correct criteria for a valid road hazard, authorization is not required prior to the repair or replacement of a tire and/or rim, and the claim will be paid.


Protection Packages: Protection Plans specify the terms for repair or replacement. So Protection Package claims do not require pre-authorization prior to repair or replacement, as long as the claims checklist is followed.


Appearance Protection: Appearance protection claims (Corrosion, Exterior or Interior) do require authorization prior to repair.

Immediately after submitting your claim, you will receive an automatic reply containing the details of your claim and claim number. Within 24-48 hours you will receive a reply approving or denying the claim or asking for additional information.

Warranty Information

Exterior Protection

Appearance Protection

Are rock chips/or the flaking off of paint covered?

No, Physical impact that chips the paint, and paint adhesion issues are not covered.

Do I need to have inspections done for my Paint Protection?

We do not require that the vehicle be inspected for the Paint Protection warranty.

Interior Protection

Appearance Protection

How long does Interior Protection last? Do I need to have touch-ups done?

We recommend that our Leather Vinyl Restorer (available from the original selling dealer) be applied once a year to the Leather/Vinyl areas of the vehicle interior. You can do the application, but it’s not necessary to maintain the warranty The Fabric/Leather/Vinyl Protection should last for the full term of the warranty purchased.

Will you fix/replace my ripped seat?

Fabric/Leather/Vinyl warranty doesn’t cover seat replacement. But if you have Rip, Tear & Burn coverage, we will help pay for the repair.

How do I know my Fabric/Leather/Vinyl Protection was applied correctly?

Fabric/Leather/Vinyl Protection is applied onto the material as a clear, colourless coating. If you are concerned, we recommend returning to your original selling dealer, who applied the product, so they can confirm its application.

Rust & Corrosion Protection

Appearance Protection

What is covered under Sound Shield protection?

The warranty coverage applies to all the underbody areas of your vehicle or RV where a licensed dealer has applied Diamond Kote Sound Shield spray to prevent metal rust perforation (where a hole is evident) from the outside in.

My car just started to rust, is it covered?

There are many different types of rust and not all are covered. We recommend that you file a claim, and an adjuster will be able to make a determination based on the photos and estimate your submit.

Do I need to have inspections done for my Rust/Sound Shield/Surface Rust coverage?

Premium Rust, Surface Perforation, DK9000 and Image Guard coverage’s require annual rust inspections unless ‘No Inspection’ coverage is purchased. You can refer to your Warranty Package to see if an inspection is required for your car. In addition, you can consult your dealer to confirm inspection guidelines and arrange the process.

Will I need to pay for an inspection?

This will be up to the dealership providing the inspection.

How does the DK9000 Module work?

The DK9000 Module uses two technologies to fight and prevent rust. They are called Pulse Impressed Current technology and Sacrificial Anode technology. You can learn more about the features and benefits of our Electronic rust prevention modules on our website under Rust & Corrosion Protection.

Will the cost of replacing the module/anodes be covered by the warranty?

The parts will be covered, however any labour charges could be billed by the servicing dealer to the customer.

Can I replace the module myself?

No the module must be professionally replaced in order to maintain the warranty.

Road Pro / Tire & Rim Protection

Performance Protection

Will you repair or replace my tire/rim?

Repairs are always our first recommendation, unless repairs are not safe per manufacturer guidelines or damage is too severe.

Do you repair Run Flat Tires?

If the technician/service centre feels that it’s safe to do so, we will accept their professional opinion and cover a repair of a run flat tire.

What if I have scratches on my rim/tire?

Scratches and scuffs are considered cosmetic issues and are not covered under the terms and conditions of the warranty.

I hit a curb am I covered?

The warranty generally does not address curb damage. But if you do have curb damage, a one-time payment (the amount varies depending on each warranty) may be claimed towards the paid deductible of the primary auto insurance for the warranty holder if you do file a claim with them.

I’m travelling in the United States and an incident occurred, what do I do?

Our program does have a provision for incidents occurring in the United States. You can start a claim here www.dkclaims.ca to see if you are covered for the incident

What happens if I go to a Dealer and forget to tell them that I have a Diamond Kote Tire Warranty and I paid for my repairs and or replacements?

Please submit a claim yourself and make sure that you (the customer) are indicated as the payee. If the claim is approved, based on your Terms and Conditions, a cheque will be mailed to the address we have on file within 30 days.

Can I go ahead and replace a tire/rim?

Replacing a tire because it is unsafe to repair is acceptable, as long as you follow the claims requirements by keeping photo proofs of the damaged tire (replacement only) and/or damaged rim (repair or replace) then submit a final invoice which shows all applicable costs with an R/O or invoice number. All submitted claims are still subject to review by our agents and are not guaranteed to be approved. Tire(s) and/or rim(s), where the damaged tire tread depth is less than 3/32nds of an inch, will not be covered.

Incident Protection

Performance Protection

What’s covered under Dent and Ding Repair Protection?


Minor dings and dents to the exterior metal painted panels of the vehicle body that can be repaired using the PDR process (Paintless Dent Repair) without affecting the factory finish of the vehicle. Subject to the terms of up to a maximum cost of $125 per incident**.


Not Covered:

Large or deep dents or dings that exceed 2 inches in diameter.
The scuffed paint areas on a dent.
Dents or dings where the paint has been damaged.
Any damage that cannot be repaired by the PDR process.

What’s covered under Windshield Repair Protection?


Cover the repair cost of minor chips and cracks to the front windshield only. Coverage is specifically limited to repairs that can be completed using the Windshield Repair process.


Not Covered:

Stress cracks or any crack that exceed six (6) inches. Any weather-related damage. Vehicle glass other than the front windshield. Any damage that cannot be repaired using the Windshield Repair process.

Windshield replacement of any kind unless the customer submits a claim with their primary insurance company. Once we receive proof of deductible payment it will be reimburse to a maximum of $500.00 per occurrence.

What’s covered under Key/Remote Replacement?


The replacement of a key/remote in the event that your key/remote is lost, stolen, or destroyed. For your protection, all key(s)/remote(s) that are reported for replacement must be deprogrammed by the selling Dealer prior to being replaced. Replace key/remote and programming to a maximum of $900 per year.


Not Covered:

Additional keys/remotes that are not lost, stolen, or destroyed in a single year. Any claimable amount over $900.00.

What’s covered under Rips, Tears and Burns Protection?


The interior fabric, leather or vinyl on the seating surfaces if they become ripped, torn or burned accidentally. Repair all covered vehicle seat materials to a maximum of $300 per occurrence.
Burns not caused by fire are burns that are caused by a heat source that does not have an open flame. An example of a burn not caused by fire is a cigarette, an iron, hair curlers, space heater, etc. What is NOT covered would be examples like a lighter, a candle, a house fire.


Not Covered:

Interior headliners, fabric floor mats, trunk liners, carpet, or any other leather/fabric/or vinyl upholstered surface.
Damage caused by acids, dyes, bleaches or corrosives.
Damage caused by fire, smoke, flood or other natural disaster, theft or vandalism.
Burns caused by a heat source that does not have an open flame is covered up to $300.00 (I.E cigarette, iron, hair curlers, space heater, etc). Burns that are the result of open fire source (a lighter, a candle, a house fire) directly or indirectly are not covered and should be handled through primary insurance provider.